July 10, 2010

My Newest Treasure


Well, here is my exciting new gift! A precious couple from our church blessed us with this adorable sleeper sofa! I absolutely LOVE it! It's practically brand-new and the most adorable sofa I've ever seen! I most likely would have passed right by it in the store, but I am so very happy it has a new home in my house!

There is a funny story to go with my new treasure....so, here goes....

I've known about receiving this sofa for about 2 weeks or so, and in the process of deciding where it would go in our new home, I created a super-cute guest room in my mind, but to do this would mean moving Gideon into the same room as Gabriel. Gabe's room is super-huge, so that was no problem, just the typical brother spats and 5 year age difference were my only hesitations. Nonetheless, we moved everything around to prepare for our new sofa. Gid and Gabe are happy in "our" room, as Gideon constantly calls it, and are doing very well together. We even had the kids excited to have a guest/reading room in the house.

So, today comes around, and my husband has a group of men helping him move the sofa here from it's previous home. (there was a men's breakfast at the church this morning, and a group of men graciously offered their time, muscle and vehicle to help us transport our treasure) This became a very interesting process....to say the least. But, to cut to the chase, after removing 3 doors from their hinges and much sweat and maneuvering on my husband's part, the sofa did not land in the intended room. It resides in our "formal" living/dining room....which will now be our new guest room/living room/office/piano room!


Now, I had all sorts of plans for this sofa in the room Gideon used to have....blue walls, whitewash beach theme, super cute! Alas, I have to re-think my strategy to fit the main area of the house. Fortunately, the color in the living room is perfect for the sofa, but I don't think the beach theme would be too warmly received by my husband in that room (although that is purely speculation, since I have discussed none of this thought process with him).....so, I'm back to the drawing board....and looking for new ideas! The wheels are already turning in my mind, but I wonder where inspiration will strike??

1 comment:

GiGi said...

Inspiration will strike in the stores my dear!! ;) Nice couch though!!! Just be careful, once you open her up and undo that sofa bed... knocks will come to your door....

If you open it, they will come...

LOL!!!
Xoxo