August 6, 2010

Meet Smooter

We adopted a new member of the family this past Wednesday. Her name is Smooter....(as in, Melanie Smooter from Sweet Home Alabama). She is such a precious puppy! We got her from the Mobile Humane Society, and it was a much harder job to pick out a puppy than I ever thought it would be....
Smooter was one of a litter of 3 that was found on the side of the road. Her brother and sister were just as adorable as she is, and equally as sweet. We chose Smooter because she has some awesome markings. I don't know how well you can see from these pictures, but she has some pink on either side of her nose, her ears are trimmed in white, she has a teardrop on the top of her head, and her spots on her back are different shades of brown.
She is only 11 weeks old, which means we are responsible for her last round of shots (yay), but we couldn't leave her and risk her being adopted by someone else! She is just too precious! As for breed, they are not 100% sure, but there is for sure some type of hound in her, and some lab. This will be the biggest dog I've ever owned one day!
So, my grandmother called me a glutton for punishment....I don't know why....we got a new puppy, my brother in law is in for a visit, the kids start school Monday, I start work (part time) Monday, and I am painting the bathroom. Why do I do these things to myself??

3 comments:

GiGi said...

where are you working????!!!

sweetnspicymom said...

I will actually be working at the church....assistant to the children's pastor. I can't wait to get in there and start! I am a little overwhelmed today though....oh well. I did it to myself....new puppy, painting the bathroom, Uncle Neal, new job and new schools....all within days of one another! oops...there goes my type A in overdrive! :o)

Karen said...

Smooter is adorable. Congratulations! I remember thinking when we got our dog as a puppy about 3 years ago that a puppy is a lot like having a new baby in the house.