January 22, 2011

A Peaceful Home




So, after several attempts at a post, I'm going all or nothing right now! For some reason this theme of peace and home won't leave my brain, so I'm gonna go with that!

My Music-Man and I work very hard to maintain a peaceful atmosphere in our home. Of course we have our moments where we snap at the kids, or at each other. Come on! We're not perfect! BUT, peace is very important to us.

My house is not the nicest, or the best decorated or furnished by far, but it is very comfortable, and very welcoming. I want people to feel at home when they walk through my doors, and want to come back! I love coming home to what we've worked so hard to cultivate....and I long to be here when I've been away for too long.

Isaiah 32:18 says - "My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." This is what I so desperately want for my home, and family. There is so much strife and uncertainty in the rest of the world, I do NOT want that spilling into my home or my family!

We aren't perfect, but we love each other, and we love people, and we love having people in our home!! I am learning that home may not necessarily be where the heart is, cause I'm leaving parts of mine all over the eastern seaboard...but I feel VERY at home here! Home is your refuge, your safe place, the place you long to be when you're away from it. The place that looks like you, and reflects you, the who you are in the very core of you. Home is where your story begins! :)

No comments: